By: Kristen Hernandez
MIRIMAR, FL — Students looking to explore an exciting career in broadcast journalism and currently in pursuit of an Associates, Bachelor, or Graduate Degree at any accredited institution are getting an opportunity to gain real-life experience at NBCU and Telemundo this summer. The two media giants are giving local students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher the chance to be on the inside of the Television Broadcasting industry.
The Summer Program is committed to developing talent early in the career journey, helping interns realize their potential and dreams. Beginning June 6th, 2022 throughout August 12th, 2022, interns will get to work on challenging projects, learn from the some of the best in the business, and network with a range of professionals within the industry. Students can work full-time during the summer semester across multiple, diverse opportunities within the NBC 6 and Telemundo 52 family at their station in Miramar, Florida.
- Intern responsibilities and duties will vary by department. These are just some of the opportunities available.
- Creative Services — Students will support on-air productions and video shoots, work with public relations, and graphic design.
- Digital Media — Write stories, work directly with reporters and producers, create engaging content across all network Social Media platforms, and work with editors.
- Assignment Desk — Assist assignment editor with conceptualizing story ideas, participate in editorial meetings, and work with management on shaping the newscast.
- Sports — Gather information by researching sports, attend local sporting events, generate interviews, and write compelling stories.
- Production — Learn to direct a live newscast, operate control room equipment, train and assist in robotic camera operation.
Candidates looking to apply at the Telemundo 52 station must be proficient in Spanish. NBCU offers internship programs throughout the year. Bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with a desire to push yourself and learn each day. Students will be provided a program full of opportunities designed for professional development, leadership exposure, networking, and fun.